STATESBORO — The Sun Belt Conference has released the tentative 2019-20 schedule for the men’s basketball team. This will be the first time the league will follow a 20 game conference schedule since the 2015-16 season.
Georgia Southern pitcher Joe Nahas signed a free agent contract with the Chicago Cubs after an impressive showing in the Cape Cod league this summer. He will receive a $135,000 signing bonus, which is the most that a non-drafted free agent has received this year so far.
Georgia Southern’s ace pitcher, junior Seth Shuman, officially signed with the Oakland Athletics Wednesday after being drafted with pick 194 in the sixth round.
The Georgia Southern baseball team clinched the Sun Belt East Division title at the end of the regular season, but fell to Coastal Carolina in the final game of the Sun Belt Championship on Sunday.
Georgia Southern fell to Coastal Carolina in the Sun Belt Championship Sunday afternoon, 9-7, behind a scoreless final five innings from the Eagles.
After a big win over Little Rock on Thursday, GS defeated Troy Saturday morning to advance to the conference championship game on Sunday.
Georgia Southern baseball defeated Little Rock, 10-3, in a spectacular offensive showing Thursday afternoon.
The Georgia Southern baseball team defeated the Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns, 6-5, in a four hour back-to-back battle during their first game of the Sun Belt Tournament thanks to a late rally.
Three Georgia Southern baseball juniors, OF Mason McWhorter, RHP Seth Shuman and INF Steven Curry take home post-season awards, recapping a successful regular season for the Eagles. McWhorter and Shuman were both named to the first team and Curry was named to the second team.
The Georgia Southern baseball team dropped the first of four games in the Atlanta area Tuesday night, losing 11-10 to Kennesaw State in 12 innings at Stillwell Stadium.
The Georgia Southern Eagles baseball team is set to take on the Troy University Trojans in one of the last few regular season series of the season.
After a long night in J.I. Clements, the Georgia Southern baseball team came out on top against the Citadel and were able to secure another win to start their long week of games in Statesboro.
The Georgia Southern Eagles went into the weekend looking for another set of victories and Saturday, April 20, they won the series against Coastal Carolina in Conway, South Carolina.
Georgia Southern baseball found themselves back on the diamond Tuesday night coming off a series loss to Texas State and looking for answers.
Georgia Southern baseball is set to take on two teams from South Carolina starting Tuesday and the odds look to be in their favor.
With over half of the 2019 baseball season in the books, Georgia Southern sits at 19-14 overall, and 7-5 within the Sun Belt, one game behind Coastal Carolina.
The Georgia Southern baseball team is just coming off of a series win over Appalachian State, but there’s a full week ahead for the Eagles starting on Wednesday against Kennesaw State University.
- Two defensive touchdowns not enough for an upset, Eagles lose 35-32 in Minnesota
- What Twitter said about Georgia Southern’s near upset bid of Minnesota
- QUICK HITS: Eagles fall victim to a Minnesota fourth quarter comeback, lose 35-32
- Parts of Forest Drive remain closed until Monday because of broken water main
- How to watch Georgia Southern at Minnesota
- Scavenger hunt, meet and greet with local residents will be featured at Step Into Statesboro event
- Fire throwers and rock climbing walls highlight annual Unity Fest Carnival
- Georgia Southern football watch locations
- Georgia Southern police officer Tristan Clemmons passes away after off-duty car accident
- Rape reported at University Villas
- Gnats Landing and Del Sur host percentage nights in support of the Hagan family
- Arrest made in University Villas reported rape
- Georgia Southern alumnus turned Netflix actress continues to make strides in her career
- Hydrochloric acid leak at the RAC leads to chemical emergency call
- The George-Anne talks mugshot usage with professionals
- Georgia Southern paying Maine $325,000 and getting paid more by Minnesota
- Georgia Southern Korean club holds first meeting
- Change in faculty handbook could take effect after Hurricane Dorian