All Sun Belt teams have yet to begin conference play, but most saw the gridiron during week three of college football.
With just under four minutes left in the fourth quarter against Minnesota, Georgia Southern head coach Chad Lunsford threw his arm around defensive coordinator Scot Sloan’s shoulders.
After three and a half quarters, Georgia Southern retook the lead over Minnesota with Rashad Byrd returning a fumble 44 yards to give the Eagles a 32-28 lead with 3:47 left in the game.
MINNEAPOLIS, MN — In the third game of the season, the Georgia Southern football team fell to the Minnesota Golden Gophers 35-32, in a nail biter of a game.
The Eagles will be heading to Minnesota Saturday to take on another Power 5 school, and both teams seem to need a boost on the offense.
After defeating Fresno State in a double overtime thriller, Head Coach P.J. Fleck and the Minnesota Golden Gophers prepare to welcome Georgia Southern to TCF Bank Stadium on Saturday. Coach Fleck took to the podium for a Wednesday morning press conference.
The Georgia Southern football team will be traveling to Minneapolis for their third contest of the season on Saturday as they take on Minnesota. Ahead of the game, Nicholas Jungheim, a sports reporter for The Minnesota Daily, gave his thoughts on the upcoming showdown.
Georgia Southern is preparing to travel to Minneapolis to take on Power 5 school Minnesota, and both defenses seem to be a point of strength on the two teams.
STATESBORO — With their first win of the season under their belt, Georgia Southern football is preparing to travel to take on a Power 5 school in Minnesota this week. Head Coach Chad Lunsford took the podium for the team’s weekly press conference.
STATESBORO — Redshirt-freshman quarterback Justin Tomlin had a career night as he led the Eagles to a victory over Maine on Saturday.
STATESBORO — After the LSU shellacking the Georgia Southern defense went through last week, Monquavion Brinson and the other leaders called a meeting. Brinson took it upon himself to help the defense rise to the standard that led the Sun Belt in 2018.
STATESBORO — The Georgia Southern Eagles collected their first win of the season over Maine Saturday with the arrival of the running game.
STATESBORO — In the first home game of the season, the Georgia Southern football team defeated the Maine Black Bears 26-18.
STATESBORO — After being listed as day-to-day by head coach Chad Lunsford, for the first time in two seasons, Shai Werts is not the starting quarterback in a Georgia Southern game.
- Around the Sun Belt: Week three
- Multimedia showcase to be featured at Open Hollow event
- Stacey Abrams to speak at Georgia Southern
- Why weren’t there any Eagle Alerts sent out this weekend?
- A decommitment led Mya Wilson to a successful collegiate start as an Eagle
- Let Loose and Bust a Move with the Group Fitness “Learn to Belly Dance” Class
- Georgia Southern volleyball hopes to carry momentum into North Florida matchup
- One Boro's Multimedia Diversity Showcase highlights diverse groups and businesses
- Arrest made in University Villas reported rape
- Gnats Landing and Del Sur host percentage nights in support of the Hagan family
- Two shootings reported on Lanier Drive over weekend
- Hydrochloric acid leak at the RAC leads to chemical emergency call
- Georgia Southern alumnus turned Netflix actress continues to make strides in her career
- Rape reported at University Villas
- The George-Anne talks mugshot usage with professionals
- Georgia Southern police officer Tristan Clemmons passes away after off-duty car accident
- Two arrests made in deadly Stadium Walk shooting
- Georgia Southern paying Maine $325,000 and getting paid more by Minnesota