With just under four minutes left in the fourth quarter against Minnesota, Georgia Southern head coach Chad Lunsford threw his arm around defensive coordinator Scot Sloan’s shoulders.
After three and a half quarters, Georgia Southern retook the lead over Minnesota with Rashad Byrd returning a fumble 44 yards to give the Eagles a 32-28 lead with 3:47 left in the game.
MINNEAPOLIS, MN — In the third game of the season, the Georgia Southern football team fell to the Minnesota Golden Gophers 35-32, in a nail biter of a game.
The Eagles will be heading to Minnesota Saturday to take on another Power 5 school, and both teams seem to need a boost on the offense.
The Georgia Southern women’s volleyball team is primed to host three non-conference opponents in the Georgia Southern Invitational this weekend at Hanner Fieldhouse.
After defeating Fresno State in a double overtime thriller, Head Coach P.J. Fleck and the Minnesota Golden Gophers prepare to welcome Georgia Southern to TCF Bank Stadium on Saturday. Coach Fleck took to the podium for a Wednesday morning press conference.
The Georgia Southern football team will be traveling to Minneapolis for their third contest of the season on Saturday as they take on Minnesota. Ahead of the game, Nicholas Jungheim, a sports reporter for The Minnesota Daily, gave his thoughts on the upcoming showdown.
Georgia Southern is preparing to travel to Minneapolis to take on Power 5 school Minnesota, and both defenses seem to be a point of strength on the two teams.
STATESBORO — With their first win of the season under their belt, Georgia Southern football is preparing to travel to take on a Power 5 school in Minnesota this week. Head Coach Chad Lunsford took the podium for the team’s weekly press conference.
During Georgia Southern’s impromptu break due to Hurricane Dorian, the volleyball team’s schedule was rearranged.
STATESBORO — Redshirt-freshman quarterback Justin Tomlin had a career night as he led the Eagles to a victory over Maine on Saturday.
- Two defensive touchdowns not enough for an upset, Eagles lose 35-32 in Minnesota
- What Twitter said about Georgia Southern’s near upset bid of Minnesota
- QUICK HITS: Eagles fall victim to a Minnesota fourth quarter comeback, lose 35-32
- Parts of Forest Drive remain closed until Monday because of broken water main
- How to watch Georgia Southern at Minnesota
- Scavenger hunt, meet and greet with local residents will be featured at Step Into Statesboro event
- Fire throwers and rock climbing walls highlight annual Unity Fest Carnival
- Georgia Southern football watch locations
- Georgia Southern police officer Tristan Clemmons passes away after off-duty car accident
- Rape reported at University Villas
- Gnats Landing and Del Sur host percentage nights in support of the Hagan family
- Arrest made in University Villas reported rape
- Georgia Southern alumnus turned Netflix actress continues to make strides in her career
- Hydrochloric acid leak at the RAC leads to chemical emergency call
- The George-Anne talks mugshot usage with professionals
- Georgia Southern paying Maine $325,000 and getting paid more by Minnesota
- Georgia Southern Korean club holds first meeting
- Change in faculty handbook could take effect after Hurricane Dorian