All Sun Belt teams have yet to begin conference play, but most saw the gridiron during week three of college football.
After a 9-22 record in the 2018 season, Athletic Director Tom Kleinlein decided it was time for a change in Georgia Southern volleyball’s performance and administration. New Head Coach Chad Willis was hired away from rival App State in January of this year.
The Georgia Southern volleyball team travels to North Florida on Tuesday for a crucial match before its weekend trip to the Tennessee Invitational in Knoxville. The 4-3 Eagles are fresh off a 2-1 host weekend and four matches away from Sun Belt play.
With just under four minutes left in the fourth quarter against Minnesota, Georgia Southern head coach Chad Lunsford threw his arm around defensive coordinator Scot Sloan’s shoulders.
After three and a half quarters, Georgia Southern retook the lead over Minnesota with Rashad Byrd returning a fumble 44 yards to give the Eagles a 32-28 lead with 3:47 left in the game.
MINNEAPOLIS, MN — In the third game of the season, the Georgia Southern football team fell to the Minnesota Golden Gophers 35-32, in a nail biter of a game.
The Eagles will be heading to Minnesota Saturday to take on another Power 5 school, and both teams seem to need a boost on the offense.
The Georgia Southern women’s volleyball team is primed to host three non-conference opponents in the Georgia Southern Invitational this weekend at Hanner Fieldhouse.
After defeating Fresno State in a double overtime thriller, Head Coach P.J. Fleck and the Minnesota Golden Gophers prepare to welcome Georgia Southern to TCF Bank Stadium on Saturday. Coach Fleck took to the podium for a Wednesday morning press conference.
The Georgia Southern football team will be traveling to Minneapolis for their third contest of the season on Saturday as they take on Minnesota. Ahead of the game, Nicholas Jungheim, a sports reporter for The Minnesota Daily, gave his thoughts on the upcoming showdown.
- Around the Sun Belt: Week three
- Multimedia showcase to be featured at Open Hollow event
- Stacey Abrams to speak at Georgia Southern
- Why weren’t there any Eagle Alerts sent out this weekend?
- A decommitment led Mya Wilson to a successful collegiate start as an Eagle
- Let Loose and Bust a Move with the Group Fitness “Learn to Belly Dance” Class
- Georgia Southern volleyball hopes to carry momentum into North Florida matchup
- One Boro's Multimedia Diversity Showcase highlights diverse groups and businesses
- Arrest made in University Villas reported rape
- Gnats Landing and Del Sur host percentage nights in support of the Hagan family
- Two shootings reported on Lanier Drive over weekend
- Hydrochloric acid leak at the RAC leads to chemical emergency call
- Georgia Southern alumnus turned Netflix actress continues to make strides in her career
- Rape reported at University Villas
- The George-Anne talks mugshot usage with professionals
- Georgia Southern police officer Tristan Clemmons passes away after off-duty car accident
- Two arrests made in deadly Stadium Walk shooting
- Georgia Southern paying Maine $325,000 and getting paid more by Minnesota